EX5R

Issues, bugs, suggestions related to storing voices into the CST/INT memory of the VL70m/PLG150VL
Sam

EX5R

Post by Sam » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:10 am

Hello, thank you for this software, it breathes life into the VL section of my EX5R.
Do you know whether the storage part of the vl-wizard works with the EX5R? I can't test it in the demo.

VL-Wizard

Re: EX5R

Post by VL-Wizard » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm not owning an EX5r but on request of some users I included the possibility to store the VL voice into the 16 slots of the EX5. The good news is that until today I have no EX5 users that reported a problem with this feature. So, my assumption is that this feature works. Actually I would be very surprised if it would not work because the only real difference between the CST bank of the VL70m and EX5 is the number of storage addresses. Both use the same sysex instructions to store the VL-Element into the CST bank. As you can see in the picture, the number of CST slots VL257 till VL262 to overlap with the VL70m and then the range continues till VL272.

Conclusion: Yes, this should work fine.
CST_EX5.png
CST_EX5r
CST_EX5.png (76.41 KiB) Viewed 3388 times

Sam

Post by Sam » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks! I noticed that I can control almost all the VL parameters in my EX5R using your tool. But the VL EQ doesn't seem to work. This is quite strange because VL EQ is the only part of VL which is editable from the EX5R itself. And VL EQ sysex is listed in the EX5R data sheet.
(I say VL EQ because I'm not talking about the effects -- I appreciate they are different in the VL70m and I wouldn't expect them to work.)
I'll look into it and check whether the other parameters are working.

VL-Wizard

Post by VL-Wizard » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Hey Sam...sorry, but I have no EX5 (yet) ....so, could you point me to the page in the EX5R listbook so I can see exactly the parameters you are referring to....It might have to do with the sysex header...default native sysex headers are forced (see settings VL-Wizard)...maybe try without forcing the native headers. I will further investigate.
Advanced Settings.png
Advanced Settings.png (47.57 KiB) Viewed 3348 times